Sunday, September 18, 2011

Country Living Fair 2011

Happy Sunday! Hope you all are enjoying this beautiful fall day! We had gorgeous weather this weekend. Perfect for the Country Living Fair! We arrived at 8:30 a.m. for the early bird check-in! As we walked up to the area where a  huge line was forming, we heard someone say, "we can go!" and all of a sudden everyone started running down the hill toward the check-in gate! The advantage of the early bird check-in is you are one of the first allowed in before the regular ticket holders. It's a little less crowded and easier to look around. It also means you see the merchandise first!
Here are some pictures of the beautiful tents we saw.!

Lots of black and white in this tent! Gorgeous upholstered furniture, pillows and lots of subway signs!




This booth had a beautiful display of dried flowers!

The popular book page wreath!  Love the colors. Beautiful!





 Cute and colorful pottery pumpkins


A popular item this year were the concrete covered pumpkins.






Lots of glitter in pretty gray and cream





Blue and white dishes set with a patriotic theme


A woven shopping cart overflowing with bittersweet









A whole tent dedicated to scarecrows all dressed differently. One had a chicken wire skirt. So cute!






There were great handmade signs. I bought one from this same vendor last year. I Have it in my breakfast room that I'll  be showing you another time.


 
The camper turned lemonade stand was back!
 This time, better than ever! Talk about creativity!


As always, we had such a great time! If you ever get the chance to go, I highly recommend it!

Next week, I will show you what items I scored at the fair and the sign hanging by my kitchen table!

Have a great day!

9 comments:

  1. I may be going to the one coming here the end of October. Still not sure though. I have heard it is mostly crafts and that is not what I am after.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blogging Kathleen. Looks like you are off to a wonderful start. I host a newbie party weekly starting tonight and would love to have you. Great way to meet new bloggers. I look forward to seeing you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can just imagine the "early birdies" running for the entrance! I'd be right along with them all! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathleen the party is up and running, others have joined in so the link is working.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures of the market you were at! I would love to get to one of these,,,, Alberta does not seem to have any great flea markets though. Welcome to blogging,,,,I have been having alot of fun with it and am fairly new to it all too. So welcome!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for taking us to the fiar, so festival look. The fall feel is really GREAT. Love the pumpkins, the hay men and anticipatin Halloween.
    Terrie from Hong Kong

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for joining in. Please just add my link or button to your post indicating you are sharing with the newbie party. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well hi there!

    Lovely to meet you and be your very first follower!!

    You have inspired me for halloween this morning- I'm just back from hobbyco with black, orange and white tissue paper , hessian and fabric...and goodness knows what else....

    Have *pinned* a few of your market pickies too- so thanks!

    And welcome to blogging!!

    Melissa- Miss Sew & So
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I went too! Loved it and just did a post as well. Can't wait to see what you got.
    Shannon from Columbus area

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love hearing from you.

 
09 10