Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A repurposed chicken feeder

Are you ready for this? A repurposed item that didn't need sanding, priming or painting! No power tools, glues or screws! That's my kind of craft! Not sure this actually counts as a craft, but, I found this chicken feeder and a light bulb went off. I could use this non stop throughout the year by switching out the items that are placed IN it! Perfect! Here it is on the mantel all dressed for Fall.


 Once I placed the candles, I filled in with pinecones and acorns and added small pumpkins and leaves.





It is almost three feet long. Love the patina!

I can swap out the pumpkins and leaves for shiny ornaments and I'll have a whole new look ready for Christmas!
It is such a versatile piece. I can see it as a center piece on a rustic farm table or on a console. On a kitchen island filled with herbs would be a pretty spring time look. The possibilities are endless!

So next time you are about to walk away from an old rusty, dirty piece of metal, think again!

I am linking to



Have a great day!

7 comments:

  1. Okay, I love that! Blast, now I have to go find a chicken feeder. Seriously. Anyhoo, found you via Savvy Southern Style. Toodles, Kathryn http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2011/09/few-finished-projects.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love how neat looking this is...hop over and share it at my NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAY party...hope to see ya there:)

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just absolutely gorgeous! I love it when something so simple can transform into something so elegant. You dressed it up perfectly and we are so thrilled you shared it with us at Inspiration Friday this week! Hope to see lots more of you in the future! :-)
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so great! I'm going to have to look around for one. Did you get it new? Maybe I'll look around online. What makes yours look so great,though,is the aged patina.Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this! how original! this has given me some great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I so envy you your chicken feeder! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love hearing from you.

 
09 10