Monday, September 19, 2011

Something old, something new...

Welcome back and Happy Monday!

I promised you yesterday I would show you the goodies that followed me home from The Country Living Fair! So, let's get started...

This beautiful transferware plate was the first thing I spied at a darling little tent stocked with vintage items. It immediately caught my attention. I have been wanting brown transferware for awhile and I loved the toile like design on this one.



I must have been on a toile kick, because this is what I grabbed at the next tent! These are the perfect addition to my newly redesigned guest room. I recently painted this room BM Alexandria Beige and the toile pattern matches perfectly.  I love how they look in here!





Next up is this little dish. The verse has a special meaning to me because my husband was in the Navy when we met and I then became the wife of a sailor!




 Another item I couldn't resist are these serving pieces. The handles are mother of pearl.





The plate and dish have found a new home on this old leather topped chest that once belonged to my parents...




I love all my new treasures. I hope you do too!



Please go visit Debbie. She is hosting a Newbie Party today for all of us who are new to blogging. Thanks Debbie!


Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Your transferware is beautiful! Love this post - wonderful! I've pinned the plates to my dishes board. Visiting from Debbiedoo's Newbie Party. You might want to check out Bunny Jean's Bunny Hop party on Wednesdays. It's for newish bloggers, too. Here's her link: http://bunnyjeansdecorandmore.blogspot.com/p/bunny-hop-wednesdays.html

    XoXoXo
    Joy
    http://christmasspiritallyearlong.blogspot.com
    http://tomorrowsmemorieskjlb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Transferware is gorgeous. Love the soft colors.
    I'd love it if you linked up to my party that begins tomorrow morning.
    www.projectqueen.org Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love hearing from you.

 
09 10