Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Evolution of a Master Bedroom

In January, I found a great bargain on a Karastan rug from Tuesday Morning. I am usually not one to buy on impulse, but  I grabbed it anyway because 1) I loved it and 2) it was $299 for an 8x10 100% wool rug. I thought I might regret not buying it for that price. I was wanting to use it in my bedroom because I have hardwood floors and I wanted something soft and warm on my feet when I got out of bed in the cold winter mornings.


I also loved the colors in the rug and decided that it could be a jumping off point for the rest of the decor in the room.



As it is, the bedroom isn't bad, but it feels unfinished and I thought the rug would help me make the decisions easier. The paint color is SW Ecru.  It is khaki in bright light but goes green in low light. Doesn't do anything for the headboard or is it the other way around? Whatever, it is on the list to go.



Close up of the headboard fabric. It has a linen like texture and very close to the color of natural linen.



Well, here we are 9 months later and I am still stuck. Partly due to not knowing where to start, (I thought it was with the rug) and decor indecision commitment. Do you have that? Where you think you know what you want but are totally overwhelmed and lack focus? That is what I have. I am sure of it!



 Do you find inspiration or does it find you?

2 comments:

  1. I would pull a silvery blue from the rug for the walls. That would make that bed stand out, too. Beautiful bed by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great rug, Kathleen! I don't blame you for grabbing it up. Sometimes you just know that if you don't buy it then, you'll wind up losing out on it. I'm doing my master also, although I'm doing the reverse of what I had in my old house. I had a blue grey {SW Martha Stewart's Milk Pail} on the wall {I've been told Silver Sage from Restoration Hardware is similar}, and I brought in tan and neutrals. Here I've got the tan neutral walls and I just got drapes from PB with the blue, like in your rug {more of a spa blue than a gray blue}. I already have a quilt with these colors and a lot of my pictures have these colors, so I'm working off what I've got now.

    I agree with Kim, I'd pull that blue from the rug and see about using it in window treatments, unless you paint that color, then maybe a blue and tan stripe for the windows. Of course, Horchow {one of the most expensive places ever} has a bedding set with the tans and blues, but I think I can live without a comforter that costs $795.00!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love hearing from you.

 
09 10