Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Game Boards and Bus Scrolls

Is it Tuesday already? Time flies when college applications are on the horizon! Youngest manchild is a senior this year and that only means one thing...college applications! I have been a little busy hounding reminding him of all that is to be done by November. Applications filled out, essays written, papers turned into guidance counselor, transcripts sent, recommendations sent! My head is spinning thinking about it, but he is as cool a a cucumber! So forgive me if I seem to be just a little distracted these days!

Thankyou for all the nice wishes for my anniversary! Both my wedding and my blogging! I appreciate all the sentiments!

Now, on to my finds from the French Hen Farm sale!

First, this little architectural piece was on my search radar because I had bought its brother back in May and was sorry I hadn't bought both at the time. I was so happy they still had it, so I tucked it under my arm and marched it right to the checkout counter!



I love the texture and slightly aged appearance.

Here it is on my console that I showed you here, being used as a pedestal for my pumpkin.


Its brother can be seen peeking out in this picture from under a pumpkin on the other side of the console.

I can think of so many uses for these little architectural pieces!  I already plan on using them on my dining room table under my glass hurricanes. They are the perfect size!


I also came home with this vintage game board. I grabbed it knowing I had the perfect spot for it!
I loved the colors and aged effect. It looks like it has been washed with a glaze to further age it.


I hung it in our basement next to the kitchen area.
It adds a little personality to this spot!



And my last score of the day was this New York bus scroll!

Being a native New Yorker, I just HAD to have it!


This just might be my favorite!

Join me at:


10 comments:

  1. Great pedestals, Kathleen! They are always great to use for risers in vignettes and even on a buffet table. Love, love that game board! I wanted to do something like that years ago, but never could find anything. It looks great on your wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The entire vignette is beautiful! I am inspired! Thank you so much for the 'Versatile Blogger' award! I am so sorry it has taken me this long to stop by and say thanks! I really appreciate it! Happy Anniversary, too! Christie at Three Pixie Lane

    ReplyDelete
  3. All great finds. Your basement looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the purchases esp. the bus scroll. I love those. What a great find for you esp. from being from
    NY.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The basement wall is the perfect place for that vintage game board.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the perfect spot for your vintage game board and a lovely bar/kitchen area. We have a small kitchen in our basement that is in need of an update and yours, although much higher end, is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finds. I have seen those game boards made into coffee tables, so I have been on the hunt for one ever since. I missed the French Hen sale this year. Maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kathleen- I see you're from Ohio- I live in Dayton and was at Linda's sale bright and early that morning. I had bought one of her 8ft. long signs a few months ago but didn't pick it up until last week. I also found a "few" more things to buy- as if that was real hard! LOL I like your gameboard- I've used them as wall accessories before- just as you have.
    ~ Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. You got some amazing finds! I especially love the NY scroll - as a current NYorker =)!!! And the game board is too cool. Coming over from Wow Us Wednesdays and a happy new follower!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kathleen, a Happy Belated Anniversary!

    I adore your amazing finds; they look so great in your home.

    Oh I have a Designer Pillows Giveaway! I hope you will join! ( a great resource as well)

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love hearing from you.

 
09 10