Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Dressing A Cloche for Fall

One thing link parties do is motivate me!
 I haven't looked at or thought about a cloche in quite some time, so I hunted mine down and gave it a good shine before dressing it for the party.
Since it is November, I decided to use some Fall decorations I had stored away. They had the colors I was wanting to use and the bling to make it shine! These are various items I have picked up here and there over the past few years. I have to say, it was one of the easiest and fastest vignette's to put together. All I had to do was turn my cloche upside down and fill it before turning it right side up again and placing it on a small (tarnished) circular tray.
I decided to elevate it using a clear glass plate stand. The runner is a scarf that had all the colors of the items in the cloche!


I took the pictures from various angles to show all the different goodies inside.
There are glass acorns and copper colored beaded apples with one or two champagne colored pears. Mind you, these are all ornaments found at places like TJ Maxx and Marshall's.

A closeup. After it was filled, I added the copper and gold strand of beads.

As I looked at the pictures, I thought it wasn't bad, but it could be better. I remembered the architectural riser I had showed you in this post. I loved the improvement, but I took it a step further by flipping the scarf to its darker side. Now we're talking!

 I love all the warm colors used together. Flipping the scarf gave it just the right amount of contrast!

The gold mercury glass candlesticks completed the look!



Even the slightly tarnished tray was the right choice. Shiny silver would have been too bright.

So there you have it. A cloche fit for a party!

Come join me at:



9 comments:

  1. That is beautiful. Great idea placing it on the riser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love it. The bling is gorgeous. I love the beaded ornaments and the sparkly acorns and other items. How fun is this. Placed on the architecutal stand, it is fabulous. I am also such a huge fan of using scarves on tables and yours is scrunched just perfectly. Great job, I adore it all. Thanks for joining the party. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the blingy stuff, Kathleen! You've used great pieces as a filler because you can see so many from every angle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathleen,
    Both looks with your cloche are gorgeous!!! I do agree that flipping the scarf and changing the base took this vignette to a higher level of decor! Elegantly exquisite! So glad to vist with you via Marty's party!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it, it is so elegant! Both looks are stunning, you did a wonderful arrangement and the scarf flipped up is great, it takes it to a whole different level, the same with elevating the cloche. Exquisite, keep it like this forever! Just came from Marty's. Hugs, FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kathleen, love your cloche full of Fall goodies and that wonderful pedestal it's sitting on! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kathleen, Thank you for sharing your pretty cloche at the Open House Party. I love the colors of the ornaments and your wonderful scarf. I am now a follower.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love hearing from you.

 
09 10