Monday, January 23, 2012

Shopping the house brings a new look for 2012

I consider January a rebirth of sorts and that can be reflected in my decorating! After all the Christmas decor has been put away, I see the house with new eyes. I usually do some editing here and there by moving things around from one room to another, changing it up a bit until I am satisfied with the new look.
 
For starters, I decided to take the drop cloth I had bought months ago out of its package to place on the sofa to see how it would look if I were to get a slipcover made.

Here is the sofa before
...and the after
I LOVE how it looks! Mind you, this is only tucked in here and there to test things out. It is not a finished product. Although hard to see in this photo, the drop cloth itself is a little too gray for the look I was going for, but it did give me a sense of what the sofa would like in a lighter solid color.

As you know, one thing leads to another, so if you look closely, I changed the vingette on the coffee table also.  I placed a large moss ball inside an iron urn and placed it on a silver tray and added two tall glass candlesticks. Although subtle, the small changes seem to make a big impact!
Of course, I then remembered the blue ticking table square I had bought last year and never used. It got layered over a burlap cloth I had on this table.

Before


After


Loving the new changes! I added a group of family photos and a mercury glass candlestick for some sparkle. I love the mercury glass with the blue!
So there you have it! A whole new look and it didn't cost me a dime!

Join me at
BNOTP's Met Monday



4 comments:

  1. It looks wonderful, Kathleen! I love the table with the cloth over it ~ such a nice "warm" look for the Winter months. You didn't mention them but I did notice your woven shades and drapes at the windows. I love that look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks beautiful! I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your changes, Kathleen. The sofa does look nice with a solid lighter color on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see January as a sort of rebirth too. As a mater of fact I started my blog January first: I'd love your expert opinion! Feel free to stop by my blog Launch Party and enter my giveaway. Thanks and happy decorating!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love hearing from you.

 
09 10