Saturday, February 11, 2012

A Vintage Valentine

With Valentine's Day fast approaching, I thought I'd share what I put together for the sweetheart's in my life!

 I found these cute vintage inspired pails in World Market.

They came in red



and pink




I loved the vintage postcard look. They each had a cute pipe cleaner handle that is barely visible in the above photo.

I was lucky enough to find tissue paper in Target with the exact colors I needed to coordinate!
 Love the peppy stripes!

 Each pail was filled with a mixture of chocolate truffles from Godiva and Lindt.

Candlelight always adds a touch of romance!


Remember the pedestal the candle is resting on? It can be seen in this post and this post.
It can be used in so many different ways.

Then I went about creating two place settings using white and silver dishes.



The vintage Gorham sterling silver napkin rings were given to my parent's as a wedding gift.
 I am so fortunate to have them!



I added heart shaped chocolates to this footed serving bowl that belonged to my mother's sister.


Look at this beautiful Limoges dish! Another piece that belonged to my Aunt.




The detailing reminds me of strawberries!

I love the sense of history and family connection these special pieces have. I think it is so important to keep these through the generations.
 Appropriate for Valentine's Day, this truly is a table set with Love!

Don't forget to come back and see the special Valentine dessert I made!

Join me at




Between Naps on the Porch




Follow Me on Pinterest

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kathleen!

    So nice stopping by to visit with you and see the lovely Valentine's decorations you have created. So pretty :)

    Kindly, Lorraine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love hearing from you.

 
09 10