Thursday, November 29, 2012

Christmas Garden Urns

My car is in the shop today, so I have nowhere to go but I do have plenty to do! With my Christmas garland hung on the front porch, next up are the urns! Normally the urns are on either side of my front door, but I decided to move them to either side of the steps leading up to the porch. Once they are decorated with fresh greenery, I thought how nice they will look dusted with snow later in the season. I can enjoy that all winter!

My biggest inspiration came from the blog, 5th and State. The owner, Debra, is a professional garden designer who also owns several shops in the Chicago area. Her blog showcases some of her gorgeous garden creations.

Lucky me when she recently posted a tutorial on how she goes about creating these pin worthy works of container garden art!

After reading her tutorial, I went straight to my local garden shop and gathered the supplies needed to put some Fa-la-la in my own garden urns!

In progress:


And the finished product!



Thanks Debra!

Joining:

3 comments:

  1. Big and beautiful! Just a right touch of a bit of red--I love mixing winter greens like that; your urn is fabulous looking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this! I have 2 urns out front that are empty right now. I'm going to have to try this idea. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Urns for the front porch are on my wish list and this is just the easy and beautiful sort of display I have planned for winter. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love hearing from you.

 
09 10