Thursday, November 8, 2012

Fall Mantel Decor

Did you ever have one of those days when out of nowhere inspiration hits and you scurry around like a squirrel collecting bits and pieces for what you think will be a decorating masterpiece?

Today was one of those days.

You see, for over a week my fireplace mantel has been under construction... decoratively speaking.

It is November after all. Call it indecision, decorating paralysis or just plain laziness, I haven't been able to find the right look.

What look you ask? I'm not sure, but I know after playing with dough bowls and candles and mercury glass acorns, I couldn't find it.

So it has been in a sad state of affairs. My family wondering what I was up to with a half empty mantel. One that clearly had no direction.

But just as I was ready to move on and leave it how it was, I was inspired by the pretty blue, white and orange tones I have seen.

Mary B Spires

white baby blue and orange bedroom seating area modern
Tobi Fairley

Nell Hill's

So, just like that, a moment of clarity and vision seeped into my brain and I knew exactly the look I was after.


So simple. So elegant.

4 comments:

  1. Bingo! You found the perfect solution. This is very elegant indeed. I love blue and white pieces paired with orange. I added some Chinese Lantern pods to one of my blue and white vases just for a touch of fall. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors are amazing ! The ORANGE pops right out. I love your ginger jars and the berries are so pretty too. Happy Fall Jules ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mantel arrangement is so lovely. What warmth your dollops of orange give your beautiful blue pieces. Instead of putting away my blueware collection at the end of summer I decided this year to add pops of orange and leave it out for the Fall. I have never added orange and wish I had done it sooner.
    Thank you for sharing this striking scene.
    Blessings,
    Carolynn
    I am happy to be one of your followers. I would love you to become one of mine, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathleen, Thanks for sharing your pretty mantle at the Open House party. I love the blue and white.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love hearing from you.

 
09 10