Thursday, February 14, 2013

Back in the Saddle and an Easy Valentine Dessert Recipe!

Whew! Is it the middle of February already?

I have seriously been MIA and I am sorry. I had a hard time getting back into the swing of things after the holiday's. I became overwhelmed with having all the kids home for winter break, scheduling appointments for them and just spending time with them before they left the nest again for school.

To top it all off, while I was in Florida with my sweet girl for soccer between Christmas and New Year's, I cracked a tooth eating trail mix. When I got home I went to the dentist and had a crown prep. Two weeks later it was determined that the crack went all the way through to the root so off I went to see the oral surgeon who extracted the tooth last week!

So, yes, it is February already!

And today is Valentine's Day and I will have a special treat for my sweeties tonight for dessert.

Here is an easy Valentine dessert recipe:



I found the adorable heart shaped chocolate cups in World Market complete with chocolate curls. Perfect  for a special Valentine dessert!

Raspberry White Chocolate Mousse


1 (10 oz.) Container Frozen Sliced Raspberries in sugar - thawed
2 Tbs. Orange Liqueur
1 3/4 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
6 oz. White Chocolate, chopped
1 drop Red Food Coloring


Process berries in a blender or food processor until smooth. Strain mixture into a small bowl  to remove seeds. Stir in the liqueur and set aside. (Makes 1 cup of sauce).

In a large bowl or double boiler combine 1/4 cup of cream and the chocolate. Melt until smooth. Let cool. Add 1 Tbs. of raspberry sauce to chocolate mixture
Whip remaining heavy cream until soft peaks form
Fold in chocolate mixture a third at a time and the drop of red food coloring to the whipped cream until completely combined
Fill the chocolate cups with the mousse and sprinkle the chocolate curls on top
Refrigerate until firm
Serve with raspberry sauce







May you be showered with lots of  L O V E today!

Come see what all the fuss is about at:




2 comments:

  1. Hi Kathleen, So sorry about your tooth! This looks yummy and I appreciate you sharing it at the Open House party. Check out this weeks party to see your post featured.
    xx, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for featuring me on your blog Sherry and thanks for the good wishes. I will proudly add your button to my sidebar! XO

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love hearing from you.

 
09 10