Friday, May 3, 2013

It Must Be May!

May is surely shaping up to be a great intro to the vintage/antique fair season! First event of the season for me, The Rural Society Antique and Garden Show in Mt. Vernon, OH. As expected, it was pure eye candy!

It started with a beautiful drive to the country.



Drives on a day like this make you want to open the windows and turn up the radio! 

After driving straight, I went 3/4 of the way around the town square and one left before hitting the gravel road. Seriously. This IS Ohio folks! 

There were so many great vendors. Some I had seen before at the Country Living Fair I attended here and here and others were new to me. The one thing they have in common is the art of display. 



Crazy how old, chippy frames can be so beautiful!

There were lots of fresh herbs, veggies and flowers. I was smitten with this Myrtle topiary. 


I especially loved the herbs planted in crates! 


Such a nice compact kitchen garden!


This glass container really made me think of the empty containers I have laying around. These terrariums make such a statement and look so fresh. 

The cloche of old baseballs would look great in  a boys room or as a great memory to days gone by.

This particular vendor had several cloches showcasing different items. 

For the painter/artist.

Or for the coastal home.


Beautiful giant clam shell and another topiary. Cute little benches too! Can I take a moment to say you can throw anything in an urn and it will look beautiful!


A vintage garden show wouldn't be complete without a dress form.


These jars were a steal at $3.00 each. They would look great with a votive hanging from a tree  or a patio umbrella for al fresco dining!



Loved this oil painting but it was a bit more than I was willing to spend.

I did come home with two silver plate oval candy dishes! I have plans for them and it involves a drill!
Wish me luck!

Hope you had a beautiful day!

Cheer's to the freakin' weekend!

Sharing with:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love hearing from you.

 
09 10