Wednesday, May 8, 2013

{Mother's Day} Cinnamon Roll Waffles




I made myself an early Mother's Day breakfast treat this morning...at least that's my excuse...and I thought I should share it with you!

I first saw this months ago on...where else...Pinterest and have wanted to try them ever since!

Since it was a cool, rainy day today, it seemed like the perfect time to make these tasty treats and I just happened to have everything I needed: a waffle iron and a can of these...



Not one to waste any time, I got right to it! I was so excited I forgot to take pictures documenting ALL my steps, but I trust you know how to open a can of cinnamon rolls, right?
And plug in a waffle iron? Good. Then we can proceed...

Once the waffle iron is good and hot and you have separated the individual rolls, place them in each section of the hot iron. Mine has four sections.

Immediately you will hear the sizzle, see the steam, and smell the unmistakeable smell of sweet cinnamon!

Once the "ready" light comes on, the rolls...ahem!...the waffles are done!

The whole process takes less time than it does baking in the oven! 


This is before I drizzled on the vanilla icing. You can see the swirls of cinnamon!



The best part is the indentations hold all the icing, creating pools of sticky, sweet goodness!

Mmmm....so good!


Now, if I were you and had a waffle iron, I would head to the store this afternoon and buy a can or two or three of cinnamon rolls, store them in the fridge in clear view and innocently tell my family about this super easy recipe....
and maybe....just maybe....you will wake up to a sweet breakfast treat on Sunday!
(oh ...and set the coffee maker the night before!)

Here's to all the wonderful Moms, past and present, who make every day in someone's life a little sweeter!


8 comments:

  1. Oh my, these sound so good. I will definitely give this a try. Thanks for sharing and thanks tons for joining Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so good! I am new from southern charm! I would love for you to check out my blog and follow me back! Have a great day,Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh! these look delicious! :-) too yummy! Hope you will have a wonderful weekend! glad to have stopped by from apeekintomyparadise party! Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh. My. Goodness. Now I want to go out and buy a waffle iron just to make these! They look delicious!!
    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea!
    Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathleen,
    These just looked amazing! I am featuring them today at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm, these look incredible! These with a hot cup of coffee is a perfect breakfast! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love hearing from you.

 
09 10