Monday, May 6, 2013

Southern Living Inspired Porch Planter Reveal



I am excited to share with you my version of The Southern Living Inspired Spring Container Garden I told you about last Friday!

I was hard at work Saturday, breaking my back, creating these lovely planters on my porch, but it was all worth it!

Check it out!



To refresh your memory, I used 1 Kimberly Queen Fern, 1 Hydrangea and 2 Sweet Potato Vine in each urn.


I am loving the combination of the green and bluish lavender!




In the end, I ended up adding two of the sweet potato vine instead of just one per planter like I had originally thought. It was needed to fill in an extra hole on the other side of the hydrangea. I also made  an adjustment from planting in a square container like in my inspiration photo to the taller urn. I like the height of the urn better.

I am so pleased with how they turned out!

I have lots more work to do on the porch, but this is a bright spot to keep me moving!


12 comments:

  1. That looks lovely.. You did a great job

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the combination of plants you used. It's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, the urns are stunning and I adore your porch. I would love to just sit on the rockers and enjoy. Thanks for joining Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Very professional looking job. enJOYed your post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful! New follower via Bloglovin and I am looking forward to your posts :-)

    Linda
    With A Blast

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kathleen, Love your urns and plantings. I like yours better than the inspiration photo ones. I live not far from Senoia, GA and enjoyed the Southern Living Idea House. The house was sold and is now a private residence. I'll have to drive by soon and see how the new owners have decorated the porch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I keep saying I'm going to plant a hydrangea in an urn but always end of forgetting about it! I love the combination of plants that you used!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty, pretty! And oh, so Southern. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those lovely planters are certainly a great addition to your front porch. They make the entire place a lot more beautiful. You don’t have to ask for more embellishments because those huge plant holders are already enough to make the place vibrant and uplifting. Seeing place like this really inspires me. Great job, Kathleen!
    John Gwaltney @ Nehemiah ReConstruction

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just admiring your work and wondering how you managed this blog so well. It’s so remarkable that I can't afford to not go through this valuable information whenever I surf the internet!
    www.pinellaswindowsanddoors.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a masterpiece. I loved to have those too. Thanks for sharing this information It helps a lot.

    St Peterburg, FL windows

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love hearing from you.

 
09 10