Friday, May 3, 2013

Southern Living Inspired Spring Container Garden

May usually has me planning and gathering gardening ideas for the two container's that flank my front door on my porch. When I ran across this picture on Design Indulgence. I knew what I was going to do this year!

This beautiful combo was at the 2012 Southern Living Idea House in Senoia, Georgia last year.

fern and hydrangea pretty summer planters
via Design Indulgence

I am absolutely head over heels in love with this combination! The colors are cool which is a welcome relief in the garden on a hot summer day. Don't you feel cooler just looking at it? The best part is it only involves three plants: 1 Kimberly Queen fern, 1 soft blue hydrangea and 1 lime green sweet potato vine. How can I mess that up? 

Well, guess what? The gardening gods were looking out for me yesterday when I spotted all three at my local Meijer supermarket. It was meant to be! I quickly placed them in my cart, along with a fresh bag of potting mix and headed to the checkout counter. I couldn't help but notice how beautiful they looked together in the cart. I didn't even bother picking up whatever else I needed. I had total tunnel vision! 

They are patiently waiting on my porch for me to clean the containers they will be planted in. I have the perfect containers to complete my copy-cat version :)

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love hearing from you.

 
09 10