Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Spring Awakening

April showers bring May flowers.....Happy May Day!



Signs of Spring have certainly appeared and I am thrilled!

Come and talk a walk with me and see the treasures I found....




 After a long, chilly winter, the sun is shining and  the trees and flowers are blooming! Mother Nature has awakened from a long Winter's nap!


Robbins Egg Blue....the real thing.


This Tulip was a Spring surprise I found in front of my porch! 


This was NOT so much of a surprise...but still pretty and delicate.


I look forward every year to these blossoms on this Serviceberry tree.


Grape Hyanciths add such a bright spot in th garden. Every year I never know where they'll pop up thanks to the chipmonks!


Flowers aren't the only thing Spring brings...Spring also brings new LOVE! 

Youngest sweet girl and I went to visit her future college! (yea for decisions!) and found this beautiful surprise as we were ending our long and tired walk around campus when we spotted this mama and her 2 week old baby. This barn isn't too far from her dorm. It will be nice to see how big this foal has grown when we go back for move-in day in August!

Has Spring sprung in your neck of the woods?

For more Springtime inspiration click here, here and here.

Sharing with:

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kathleen!

    Thanks so much for sharing your gorgeous spring blossoms at Favorites on the First! So nice to see you here.

    I love Ohio --- grew up nearby in SW Pennsylvania on a horse farm. New babies -- horses and cows -- were a part of my childhood springs as well!

    Your grape hyacinths are so pretty and though our magnolias are blooming this week, the service berry blossoms are a week or two behind your pretty blooms.

    Thanks so much for coming by. I wish your daughter well as she begins college in the fall!

    xoxox~
    Alison :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love hearing from you.

 
09 10