Friday, April 18, 2014

Chalk Paint® On Metal


I've done a lot of painting using Chalk Paint on wood furniture lately so it was refreshing when a client requested that I paint a pair of heavy metal candle sconces she had. She was tired of the verdigris green finish they sported.


                         
I suggested we leave the 90's behind and lighten them up a bit! She was excited at the prospect and gave me full creative license to do what I wanted with them! 

Chalk Paint is so versatile in that it can be used on just about any surface to create a one of a kind piece and in this case, with very little effort.

What I love most about painting over metal is what happens when you wipe the wet paint with a rag. The wet paint settles in the low spots and the rag removes the paint from any high spots, creating a beautifully aged finish.



The above is with one coat of slightly watered Old White. Once dry, I applied a coat of Paris Grey. Again, watered down a bit. I played around, going back and forth between the two colors, painting and wiping, letting a little of the original green show through until I was satisfied. 

Here is the before and after.

Lovely...don't you think?

The point being, don't limit yourself to painting just wood with this beautiful paint. 

The possibilities are endless!

Sharing at:




 photo signature_zpsdea964ff.png

1 comment:

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love hearing from you.

 
09 10