Thursday, April 10, 2014

Perfectly Painted Vintage Tables



Recently a client gave me two vintage tables to paint. They were in pretty good shape except for a lot of wear on their tops.



One table was for her guest room and the other for her basement TV room. Her basement is mainly in grays and browns and she wanted to add some color. I spied this large PB pillow on her couch that had a beautiful blue/green and brown design.

Pottery Barn


 We decided the blue/green would be perfect on the table! I mixed a 50/50 mixture of Provence and Duck Egg Blue. It complimented her pillow beautifully and added the much desired color to her basement. Here it is below. You can see a glimpse of the inspiration pillow on the couch above it.



A little detail of the white table. So pretty!


And here are the two tables completed.





The blue is my new favorite color! If you love Provence but want a toned down version, this is it!


Sharing At:





 photo signature_zpsdea964ff.png




4 comments:

  1. Beautiful tables, the colors you chose are equally beautiful! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathleen! Thanks for showing us those great tables and sharing how to get that wonderful blue color. I have a Duncan Phyffe dining table that I inherited. I thought it was worth more than it is...I'm thinking about just painting it so your photos give me an idea of what it would look like with some AS chalk paint on it. I saw your post over at "A Stroll Thru Life" blog party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply stunning. You did an amazing job.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathleen, Love your vintage tables and how they turned out! Fantastic! Would love for you to share at Simple & Sweet Fridays this week! New Follower! Happy Easter!
    Hugs,
    Jody

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I love hearing from you.

 
09 10